Composite decking has a great low-maintenance alternative to wood. The composite decking industry had some growing pains in the past, but composite decking materials continue to improve and the number of quality products on the market increases each year.
Having an amazing deck can be the most wonderful feature of a home. Choosing the wrong deck can shell out thousands of dollars to get your deck back to where it was before the wear and tear. Decks add value to your home so you will need to be careful on what and how you choose your deck as it’s going to be permanent. The biggest frustration you’ll encounter will be choosing the best composite decking, no need to worry as we’re here to help you choose the best decking for your home. The benefits of having a composite deck are endless as you won’t have to repaint your deck, you’ll avoid potential termites and your deck will look brand new all year round.
Here are some guidelines for choosing the right deck:
- Budget – Composite decking is a great option for those on a budget. Always consider the size of your deck and the cost of the installing systems. You can choose details right down to the texture of the deck. While on the lower end of your budget you might find fewer colors, repetitive grain patterns and smooth or combed finishes that always look great. You can also choose some of the best composite decking’s that are budget-friendly with a system that installs with face screws instead of hidden fasteners.
- Look – If you are hesitant about a composite deck because you really want it to look like wood, no need to worry. The higher end composites have a fantastic grain design and look extremely wood-like in both feel and appearance. Many manufacturers will even buff the boards at the factory so there won’t be any plastic sheen appearance. Consider things too like railings, post caps, and decorative trim to give your deck the ultimate dress up.
- Quality– A good quality will help you get the composite deck of your dreams. Since it’s a great addition to any home, you’ll find yourself spending more time on your new deck. However, do so comfortably too by considering how hot the deck will get, how much space you need, and how you can make it a serene space. From color to texture, analyze what will be the best for you.
- Fun under the Sun – It’s important to understand that dark and dense composite decking options will get extremely hot in the sun. if you want to use your deck during summer, it’s probably best to avoid dark color. Also, if you’re sitting on a chair on your dark deck, the heat reflected off the plastic can make you sizzle. You can get composite samples in lighter colors and get them outside the sun for a test run before you choose which one you want.
- To add fasten or not – Hidden fasteners aren’t important to everyone. Others care if they see the fasteners when looking at their new deck. But if you don’t want to see the hardware that went into the installation, then use the hidden fasteners.
- Extras – Composite planks will use all the basic tools that a wood deck would. The decking planks are only a portion of what you’ll be paying for. You might need some end caps or other pieces too. Just make sure to consider all the extras when planning decking design. Consider special trim, skirt pieces and lovely add-ons like railings and posts.
- Uses of your deck – When you are building the design for your deck, consider what you are going to use the deck for. You should consider things too when it comes to your decks so you can have your family and friends come over without feeling too tight. Extend your home into your yard with a large, spacious deck made of the best composite decking for more entertainment and enjoyment.
We hope that with the tips/guide that we provided, helped you choose the right and perfect Composite Decking to be added onto your home. At Nice Backyard, we supply and install too composite decking, just give us a call on (03) 9402 6483.